Min. Years Experience: 3-4 years of experience in building related investigation and structural design
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in civil, structural, or architectural engineering (focus on structural engineering); Master’s Degree with an emphasis in structural engineering desired
Certifications: FE/EIT certification required with a desire to obtain licensure as a Professional Engineer
Skills: Experience with one or more mainstream structural analysis and design programs such as Tedds/Tekla Structural Designer. REVIT and AutoCAD proficiency. Working knowledge of the IBC Codes.
- Performing tasks to support structural department functions including but not limited to field Inspections
- Performing structural calculations, modeling and analysis
- Preparing contract drawings, specifications and calculations
- Estimating and preparing construction cost estimates
- Communicating with internal and external clients
- Reviewing shop drawings
- Performing construction administration duties
- Maintaining project records
- Performing project administration
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team and exercise independent initiative
Position will require occasional elevated/aerial work (suspended scaffold/aerial manlift), use of ladders, work in crawlspaces and/or attics.
Becht Engineering BT Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefit package. Salary is Commensurate with experience.